BlueWillow Biologics® is a clinical-stage, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing topical antiseptic and anti-infective products and intranasal vaccines using its patented nanotechnology platform.
We are seeking a full-time research associate who will contribute their expertise to the research and development of our novel adjuvant technology. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated individual to play an integral role in advancing our vaccine research.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Solid scientific approach and contribution to various programs at BlueWillow
- Develop, qualify, validate, and conduct analytical assays to quantitate vaccine components’ content and activity using biochemical and immunochemical methods.
- Design, execute and analyze assays and tests for in vivo and in vitro studies.
- Troubleshoot assays.
- Perform cloning, protein expression, purification, and analysis of the target antigens.
- Analyze, summarize, and organize collected data.
- Participate in qualification and validation of the assays.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Adapts procedures or methods relative to changes in research projects.
- Present scientific data both internally and externally.
- Maintain records and clean lab environment to comply with standard operating procedures.
Qualifications and key competencies:
- MS, or PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related scientific discipline
- Three or more years for MS, or one or more years for PhD of relevant lab work experience
- Expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, including recombinant and native protein expression, purification, formulation, and assessment of the stability of formulated vaccine products.
- Experience with the evaluation of immune responses
- Experience in chromatography (HPLC, FPLC), gel electrophoresis, immunoassays, PCR, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based bioassays
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a solid ability to effectively communicate (oral and written)
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(K) Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses, and paid time off.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV: