BlueWillow’s NanoVax® technology platform utilizes a novel oil-in-water nanoemulsion (NE) adjuvant to enable intranasal vaccines for challenging diseases and intranasal immunotherapy (INIT) for food allergies.
About Our NanoVax® NE01 Adjuvant Technology
BlueWillow’s vaccine technology incorporates proprietary oil-in water droplets that are 400–500 nanometers in size to deliver and adjuvant a broad spectrum of vaccines. The NE adjuvant:
- Has established safety in human clinical trials and immunogenicity in advanced pre-clinical studies
- Elicits both systemic and mucosal immunity following intranasal vaccination
- Adjuvants multiple antigen types and enables multi-valent vaccines
- Stimulates a balanced Th1/Th2 immune response
- Elicits IL17 and IgA for mucosal protection following intranasal administration
- Has inherent antimicrobial activity. NE01 destroys viral envelopes and bacterial cell walls while preserving epitopes, making it ideal for formulating split virus vaccines
How Do Intranasal NE Vaccines Work?
NE01 adjuvanted vaccines are applied intranasally. As shown in the figure below, the adjuvant efficiently permeates the nasal tissue, which is rich in immune-presenting cells. Dendritic cells sample the vaccine at the nasal mucosa, and carry the antigen to the immune system to elicit both a mucosal and a systemic response. Intranasal NE vaccines have been shown to be immunogenic, safe and well tolerated in Phase 1 human clinical trials.